YEL Fencing Tournament – TEAM vs TEAM | ME
Grades 7-12: All Weapons
The excitement of team versus team dual meets is palpable. Scores accumulate from teammate to teammate. All teammates fence 3 times each match.
* Teams are composed of three fencers.
* In each match, fencers fence every fencer from the opposing team. Team A, Fencer 1 will fence Team B Fencer 1, 2 & 3; etc.
* Points accumulate from match to match. For instance, the first match score is 5-3; the second match begins with a score of 5-3. * Each match continues for 3 minutes fencing time or until one team reaches a cumulative score of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc.
* Bracketing and pairing may be team Swiss style (no elimination), round-robin or double elimination. This determination will be made based on enrollment.
* Talk to your coach about team placement. Coaches hold the final say in which team you fence on. For instance, whether you fence on (SCHOOL NAME) Team A, or (SCHOOL NAME) Team B.
* Teams need three or four fencers. Coaches will work to recruit the correct number of fencers for each team. If not enough register, a “mixed” team may be formed the day of the event.
– Again, coaches will be communicating team configurations to their fencers ahead of the tournament.
EQUIPMENT: We will be using electric strips. We will provide all necessary electric equipment. Knickers are required.